I've been elected Historian of the Avery Family Club. It was a unanimous vote, which is absolutely unheard of in the Avery Family Club history. (To be exact, any vote is unheard of in the Avery Family Club history). In order to assist me in this very important office, I am beginning this blog so that I can track our club's progress and activities. May I start with a few disclaimers...
1. While I am the historian of the club, I am also the mom. This role of mine means that my kid(s) is (are) the smartest, the best and the cutest. Please don't be put off by this. I understand that for you and in your club, your kids are the smartest, the best and the cutest. And they are. But mine are too. Don't get technical with how there can only be one absolute. We all know that that rule simply does not apply to kids. Because they really are all the smartest, best and cutest. I'm serious. I'm not being cheesy.
2. This blog is just kind of a journal, not much more, not much less. In fact, it might get a little boring for you. But that's okay. Because it's just our lives... and sometimes I get a little bored with it, too.
May I complete this post with the oath taken by all elected officials in the Avery Family Club:
I, Allison Spencer Avery, shall do my utmost to honor the Avery Family Club and its members by performing the duties pertaining to my office to the best of my ability. Neither sleet nor snow nor rain nor power outages nor kids spilling milk on the computer shall deter me from these duties.
Hooray for the Avery Family Blog! And of course, hooray for the Avery Family Historian! I'm so glad you started this Al! Now we can keep up on each others' lives a little easier. Now I just have to keep up on my blog. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this post. But I still maintain that my child is the cutest... just kidding.
ReplyDelete