But back to family pictures. I am completely green with envy over the beautiful family pictures I see on others' blogs and on facebook. Yet still I struggle. The work of finding/buying clothes that look good together, scheduling and paying a photographer, coordinating our schedule to fit with said photographer's schedule, and keeping kids happy and smiling through pictures just seems like so much. Oh and then there's the limitations of the weather and lighting so that I just end up giving up before I begin.
But on our way to St George on Friday we drove by the most beautiful field of sunflowers and thought it would be a good idea to try for some good pictures.
Yeah, we got some:
They're flawed, but the kids look pretty cute.
But we also didn't get some:
Why are we standing so far apart?
Why are we squinting like that?
Oh. Because we slept through our alarm and the sun was already too high to get good pictures.
Why do babies cry?
Lessons learned:
Just hire a photographer, already.
Wake up when the alarm goes off.
We'll see if next time is any better. On the bright side, the sunflowers were really, really beautiful.
You guys are so good looking. And you can't fault yourself for sleeping in when you have a newborn!
ReplyDelete