I really love food. As I look back at our pictures from November, I see lots of enjoyment revolving around food. We are the Averys. And we love food. My siblings all have family mottos like "We do hard things" or "We do great things" or some other meaningful value that they want to pass on to their children. I'm pretty sure the closest thing we have to a family motto is "We love food".
Earlier in November we had Greek Pizza and a Pomegranate for dinner. It was really beautiful.
Oh I just think this is the most beautiful food.
Sometimes when you're married to this guy, you just have to have a blind tasting to compare pumpkin pie made with fresh vs. canned pumpkin.
The canned pumpkin was a much prettier color, but both the texture and the taste were better with the fresh pumpkin. I was fully expecting it to not be this way. Totally disappointing. Don't worry. I'm still all in favor of canned pumpkin. That beautiful deep orange... well... pumpkin color can't be beat.
And, of course, Thanksgiving! The celebration of food and abundance itself. This year we spent the day with the Averys.
Izzy got her own little table and only wanted mashed potatoes. We're still working with her on the love of food.
The perfect festive Thanksgiving T-shirt.
Plate of Thanksgiving food. Good reason for giving thanks.
7 pies (well, one was a cheesecake) for 14 people. This was a good family to marry into. My Mother-in-law told us that bringing a pie was the price of admission to their Thanksgiving feast.
We got going on the Christmas celebrating as soon as Thanksgiving was over. Gingerbread men and a complete failure of a gingerbread house (not pictured. because it was too pathetic). It was a great start to the season.
Gorgeous Frances and her cute gingerbread girl.
Henry's gingerbread swimmer (yes, he's wearing a speedo) and Christmas Tree.
Allison - so great to get your comment. I love this post and it is so true - you do love food! I love good food, but you truly are a gourmet. I will never forget your lovely multi course dinner parties complete with cheese trays. Your golden beet soup was amazing. I have such good memories of your creations. Oh, and Henry's gingerbread man with the swim cap and speedo is about the funniest thing I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me to want to think outside the box more with meals. I feel like I could definitely be more creative in that area, more like my sisters. Love ya. So glad you were here for Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete