Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Penny for the Guy

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot!




Do you know the history of Guy Fawkes Day? No? I don't think it much matters! All you need to know is that it's Bonfire Night! 

Since witnessing Bonfire Night firsthand when I was in England in 2004, I have wanted it to be a family tradition. However, its proximity to Halloween on one side and Winter on the other discouraged me in years past. But not this year! It has been such a lovely Fall, so it was really the perfect year to begin our tradition. Out to the desert to build a Bonfire!

Isabelle was under the impression that she needed these things to be prepared--

   
Not sure why.  Something about keeping her head and eyes warm?

Happy Guy Fawkes Day from the Averys!

 I really want to find some ironic and witty connection between the gunpowder plot and election day, but I'm at a loss. I'm open to ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment